By this point you have made it to the website, hopefully, accepted that a low carb diet is AWESOME and DELICIOUS but have noticed it can be a bit expensive. Here are some tips on how to keep low carb low cost.
1. Meal Prep, Meal Prep, Meal Prep
2. Purchase the whole vegetable before the pre-cut, chopped, noodled, or cooked versions.
3. Buy coleslaw mix to have as a fall back its great for making stir-fries.
4. Make food in larger batches so you can purchase produce in larger quantities from stores like Sams or Costco.
5. SUPPORT LOCAL there are great local farms that have CSA options to purchase food throughout a full growing season. This cuts the cost of the produce for the consumer and ensures a sale for the farmer.
6. FARMERS MARKETS back to the supporting local. There are great buys on produce at the markets especially on 2nd hand produce the "ugly" picks are just as delicious and cost half the price.
7. Make you own sauces such as marinara, peanut sauce, hot wing sauce, stir-fry sauces, BBQ sauce, Etc.
8. Use everything you can. For example: broccoli has the florets but the stem can be chopped and eaten as well (just avoid the really woody bottom).
Make me proud people,
Will signing out.....